Conventional Fluid Bed Dryers
Carrier conventional fluid bed dryers are designed to dry and/or cool a variety of products without the aid of vibration.
Our fluid bed dryer systems pass a gas directly through a bed of solid material via a perforated plate, nozzles, or other fluidizing media which lifts and mixes the solids. At a certain gas velocity (the fluidization velocity), the bed will behave much like a boiling liquid.
Conventional fluid bed dryers are well suited for:
- Fluid beds dryers can be multi-functional, providing drying, cooling, classifying, sterilizing and more in a single unit.
- Continuous operation or batch.
- Efficient processing without product degradation — Carrier fluid bed dryers provide gentle fluidizing action.
Features and benefits of Carrier conventional fluid bed dryers:
- Product is continually mixed to promote uniformity.
- Our fluid bed dryers are easily adaptable to batch or continuous processing.
- Indirect heat transfer tubes or plates can be immersed in the bed, significantly reducing the size and cost of the fluid bed dryer and increasing energy efficiency.
- Efficient fluid bed dryer design transfers heat with low energy consumption.
- Vibration can be used to aid in processing more difficult products.
- Sampling ports.
- Variation in process by controlling bed depth, retention time, and product temperature.
- Sanitary, U.S.D.A (3A) approved construction.
- Proven performance, our conventional fluid bed dryers offer easy cleaning, rugged construction, are dust tight, and are low maintenance.
For more information on Conventional Fluid Bed Processors, refer to brochure #16511.