Vibrating Fluid Bed Coolers
Carrier vibrating fluid bed coolers are designed to cool a variety of products at a wide variation of feed rates.
Vibrating fluid bed coolers function by passing process air directly through a bed of solids via a perforated plate or another type of fluidizing media. Vibration is added to aid in fluidization of more difficult to fluidize materials.
Vibrating fluid bed coolers are well suited for:
- Material that has a wide particle size distribution — vibration will help to discharge oversize particles that will not fluidize.
- Sluggish or sticky materials.
- Fragile materials — low amplitude fluid bed cooler vibration and reduced fluidizing velocity create a gentle bed, which causes less degradation than conventional fluid bed coolers or other mechanical coolers.
Features and benefits of Carrier vibrating fluid bed coolers:
- Material is continuously mixed while cooling — homogeneous with no hot spots!
- Lower fluidizing velocities are required, making the fluid bed cooler system more thermally efficient.
- Easy to clean and maintain.
- Re-circulated gas and closed-loop fluid bed cooler systems available for inert atmosphere or solvent recovery.
- Clean-in-place and fire suppression fluid bed cooler systems available where necessary.
- Carrier’s patented Delta-Phase® Drive option permits on-line adjustment of angle of vibration and precise retention time control.
- Sanitary, U.S.D.A. (3A) approved construction.
For more information on Fluid Bed Coolers, refer to brochure #16510.