Vibrating Fluid Bed Dryers
Carrier vibrating fluid bed dryers are designed to dry and/or cool a variety of products at a wide range of feed rates.
Like conventional fluid bed dryers, vibrating fluid bed dryers function by passing a process gas directly through a bed of solids via a perforated plate or another type of fluidizing media. Vibration is added to aid in fluidization of more difficult materials.
Vibrating fluid bed dryers are well suited for:
- Material that has a wide particle size distribution — fluid bed dryer vibration will help to discharge oversize particles that will not fluidize.
- Sluggish or sticky materials.
- Temperature sensitive materials — a sub-fluidized condition can be created to produce plug flow and eliminate burning or discoloration of individual particles.
- Fragile materials — low amplitude fluid bed dryer vibration and reduced fluidizing velocity create a gentle bed, which causes less degradation than conventional fluid bed dryers or other mechanical dryers.
Features and benefits of Carrier vibrating fluid bed dryers:
- Lower fluidizing velocities are required, making the fluid bed dryer system more energy efficient.
- Easy to clean and maintain.
- Re-circulated gas and closed-loop systems available for improved efficiency or solvent recovery.
- Clean-in-place and fire suppression systems available as part of the vibrating fluid bed dryer, where necessary.
- Carrier’s patented Delta-Phase® Drive option permits on-line adjustment of angle of vibration and precise retention time control.
- Sanitary, U.S.D.A. (3A) approved vibrating fluid bed dryer construction.
For more information on Vibrating Fluid Bed Dryers, refer to brochure #16510.