Carrier vibrating fluid bed sand coolers are designed to cool hot return sand to temperature and moisture levels ideal for mulling.
- Water Addition
- Cooling in Fluid Bed
- Evaporative cooling process provides maximum thermal efficiency.
- Fluidization with vibration mixes and turns the sand bed, eliminating hot spots.
- Because the sand moisture is evaporated while cooling, the cool sand is consistent in temperature and moisture.
- Air volume controls regulate and maintain supply and exhaust air volumes at a constant pre-set level to prevent fines entrainment and sand weepage.
- Continuous plenum discharge incorporates a double seal to discharge weepage sand if loss of supply air should occur.
- Special hood design minimizes dusting and produces more uniform exhaust velocities.
- Consistent return sand temperature and moisture content.
- Minimal maintenance – there are no moving parts in contact with the sand.